A MINI cooper is a stylish, fun, and sporty automobile that is pocket friendly and affordable when it comes to maintenance and repairs. You can drive them for thousands of miles when you take care of the car. As a working machine, parts will wear out over time and need replacement. One of the components that breaks down easily in a MINI is the wheel bearing.
A wheel bearing is an important component of the wheel assembly, which connects the wheel to the axle, holding it firm and easing friction and tear. The wheel bearing a pack of steel balls or tappers held together by a metal ring. This enables it to rotate smoothly by reducing friction and noise. It also keeps the wheel balanced.
Wheel bearings have a very crucial role to play when it comes to the efficiency of your MINI. As a matter of fact, the wheel bearings of MINI are one of the most troubling parts of the brand that needs attention from a mechanic. One reason it wears out is prolonged neglect of the problem. This can lead to greater damage in other parts, which can be dangerous.
The Perks to Maintaining Your Wheel Bearings
Here are some of the reasons you should maintain your MINI’s wheel bearing.
- Tires will last longer: The tires of every vehicle contribute to its overall stability and movement. When the wheel bearing is bad, the tires rotate in an uneven manner, causing them to wear easily. When tires wear, they could burst in motion, and this is dangerous as it can lead to accidents.
- Steering wheel stays straight without wobbling: Driving a MINI whose steering wheel is not stable is discomforting and difficult. Aside from that, it may cause the driver to make a mistake while trying to make turns while driving. It causes the steering wheel to be too loose and can cause a crash.
- Seal life is prolonged: The wheel bearing seals keep the wheel bearings lubricated and free from dirt and other debris. A broken seal will cause the bearings to become dry and are damaged very fast. Dryness of the bearing usually increases friction, and the colliding metals begin to wear. This will lead to a total breakdown of the wheel bearings.
- Avoid loud noises from your tires: One of the most disgusting things when driving is hearing a loud disturbing noise coming from the vehicle you’re driving. Not only will it cause discomfort for you; but it will also cause noise pollution in the environment. The worst thing is that the noise usually increases while you accelerate. To avoid this, maintain your wheel bearings and visit your trusted auto center for routine maintenance.
Maintain Your Wheel Bearing through Routine Service
The Wheel bearing is an important component of a car, as they help facilitate wheel movement by reducing the friction between wheel and axle. Routine maintenance of the wheel bearing is essential to maintain their performance over time, as it removes dirt and contaminants that can prevent the wheel bearing from functioning smoothly.
In addition, inspecting the wheel bearing during regular maintenance appointments allows for any damaged components to be replaced before causing more extensive damage to connected parts or components, like the wheel hub or axle shaft. Ultimately, regular wheel bearing maintenance helps to ensure smooth operation of the wheel over time thus keeping your car safe on the roads.
Most vehicles are advised to have their wheel bearing replaced after covering 80,000 to 120,000 miles. It is encouraged to do this to avoid a total breakdown of the wheel bearing.
Euroservice Automotive for Your MINI
Bring your MINI to the professionals at Euroservice Automotive. At Euroservice Automotive, we are dedicated to ensuring that we meet your needs concerning MINI’s wheel bearing replacement and maintenance. Our goal is to keep your MINI safely on the road and performing in like-new condition for your enjoyment. Our MINI repair shop serves car owners in Bristow, Gainesville, Haymarket, Manassas, and Warrenton. Give us a call today if you suspect your MINI needs service or if you have any questions for our mechanics. We look forward to earning your business.
* Mini Cooper Car image credit goes to: Vitalij Sova.